The following events occurred in the year 1976:
- James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Lily Evans and Severus Snape sit their O.W.L. examinations.
- Lily Evans dissolves her friendship with Severus Snape after he calls her a "Mudblood".
- Penelope ClearwaterTemplate:Fact
- Orsino ThrustonTemplate:Fact
- 22 August - Percy Weasley to Arthur and Molly Weasley
- May-August - Viktor Krum
- Oliver wood Template:Fact
Notes and References
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition, Template:See image
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. In 1991, Percy became a prefect, and was thus starting his fifth year. He turned fifteen years old about a week before the term started. 1991 - 15 = 1976.
- In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 7 (Bagman and Crouch), Krum is described as "only just eighteen" during the final of the Quidditch World Cup. This episode is set on 25 August, 1994. Several chapters later, in Chapter 28 (The Madness of Mr Crouch), in an episode set on 27 May 1995, Krum is again described, in narration, as an eighteen-year-old. This means that his birthday is sometime between May and August, and since his 18th birthday was in 1994, he was born in the year 1976.